Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

What a great day - up and at it with a 5 mile run with the dog.  Returned home to those wonderful aromas coming from the kitchen enough to make one salivate with anticipation.  There is sure to be a great feast later.

Lots of blessings!



I know we can all find something to be thankful for.  It is just a matter of perspective.  Just yesterday I awoke with a spontaneous idea of painting the kitchen and one of the bathrooms.  Now I would have to say that there were a couple of times yesterday when I thought spontinaity was not such a good thing.  Like when Paul, my one and a half year old, decided to slip into the kitchen unannounced to help his dad, only to dive straight into the wonderful roller pan full of paint while I was in mid flow of rolling out the kitchen ceiling.  Totally taken off guard, I was thrown into the chaos of dealing with the situation.  It would have been easy to get angry at this one but I decided to be thankful to God giving me an inquisitive little boy.

Paul helping me paint!



Earlier in the week, it was great to see Andy Finch from the Amazing Race while he had time during a layover at LAX.  Before his flight left for Reno, we had lunch and got out on the ocean.  He and his team mate from the Amazing Race, Tommy Czeschin, both retired from being pro snow boarders and have been doing extremely well on the Amazing Race.  It was great to share tales of our different adventures.

Andy at the helm

Fun on the sea!



When it all comes down to it - this is a great day that has been set aside for giving thanks.  Amidst all of our trials, I want to encourage you all to keep a positive outlook seeking God through all of them.

Have a great day and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment