Thursday, December 1, 2011

Blown Away

G'day to all,

Never a dull moment! What a Wednesday for those of us that weren't blown away. I had little time to prepare for a talk at Ventura Missionary Christian School but fortunately it went down quite well. The theme was to be motivational and inspirational. I like to have an interactive audience which helps those with a narrow attention span from falling asleep or being distracting to others.

One of the interesting times of participating is when I have 2 volunteers from the audience come up on the stage where I have two offshore survival suits waiting for them and we have a little competition. After placing them in a scenario of a life and death situation they then race to put the rather cumbersome survival suits on.

I must say I am quite surprised how quickly they do this. The winner wins a DVD documentary. It's a lot of fun and the kids really enjoy it. I think we all had a great time.

Then a swift drive from Ventura to Marina Del Rey for Peter Greenburg's (from CBS Travel news) annual holiday party aboard his yacht that I have the pleasure of managing and skippering.

Hanging out with Peter Greenberg
Well, if you were in the area at all you would understand why we concurred that due to the wind warning it would be best to have the party dock side. LAX clocked 40 knots. I had to leave the party to tend to a couple of other yachts and make sure they were secure as well.

All this was topped off by a five mile run in the morning - a good full day. Oh, we are told that the wind will be back tonight.

Cheers,

Laurence

No comments:

Post a Comment